Welcome to the home of the Hawaiʻi Recreation & Parks Society!
We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our organization strives to:
- Unite in one body all recreation and park professionals and persons interested in promoting and providing recreation and park services and programs.
- Bring about the Aloha Spirit within this body, and to create a climate conducive to the recruitment of professionals and persons interested in the field of recreation and parks.
- Provide other charitable assistance within the recreation community for the advancement of the profession.
Provide a service to the community special events, such as:
- The "July is Parks & Recreation" Poster Contest for children,
- The Silver Streaks Walk for senior citizens,
- The Diamond Head Arts & Crafts Fair for all ages.
All Board Members and Officers are unpaid volunteers.